You were outside and enjoying summer but then you realize you or your child have many itchy bug bites. If you want to avoid cortisone creams, what do you do about the persistent desire to scratch your skin off?
A great remedy for both adults and children involves two simple ingredients: baking soda and certified pure lavender essential oil. The baking soda relieves irritation. The alkalinity of baking soda has a cooling effect and will neutralize the acid of a bug bite or sting.
Lavender is a natural antihistamine, not only can it calm down the skin irritation, but it can calm down the emotions that usually come with a bug bite or bee sting to your child.
Keep in mind that you can make and apply more paste as needed.
Baking Soda and Lavender Paste for Bites & Stings
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5-10 drops pure lavender essential oil
- Place the baking soda inside a glass bowl then add the lavender oil. Stir to make a paste. You can adjust the ingredients to get the consistency that you wish.
- Apply to the site of the bug bite until the affected area is completely covered.
- Leave on 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove with a cool, damp washcloth using a dabbing motion to avoid irritating the bug bite and reactivating the itchy sensation through friction.
It is crucial to use a certified pure essential oil, one with no fillers, modifications or synthetic additives to achieve the best results and eliminate any further irritation to the skin.
There is only one brand that I trust! If you have questions or would like further support, please feel free to reach out to me! Click here to connect with me 🙂