There are times in life when you just need to feel like a kid again 🙂
But, since I am not a kid anymore (although I like to still think I am ?) , it’s nice when snacks like this are on the healthier side of things for us “older ones”— but still tasty enough for kids to like them, too.
This is a healthier version of your PB & J that your mom used to pack in your lunch everyday, but with a healthy twist and a touch of cinnamon…….in the form of snack bars!! No more soggy bread wrapped in plastic baggies lol!
Cinnamon Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Peanut Butter Base:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry, blueberry, or grape jam
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Peanut Butter Coating:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the peanut butter base:
- Mix oats, coconut, and Cinnamon Bark essential oil together in a food processor on high speed until mixture is coarse and in little pieces.
- Add in peanut butter, dates, and honey until the mixture begins to form a dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and press dough evenly into pan.
- Freeze until firm.
For the jam filling:
- Mix jam together with chia seeds.
- Spread jam mixture across peanut butter base.
- Place back in the freezer until firm.
For the peanut butter coating:
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together in microwave until smooth.
- Spread over jam layer.
- Stick back into the freezer for an hour until hardened.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil is great for adding to snacks because of its ability to support a healthy metabolism and strong immune system.
- Only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils are recommended for internal use. If you are open to which cinnamon essential oil I use, simply reply to this email and we can chat!
Here’s to feeling like a kid again,
April Geigley ?